Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Weapons, anyone?

If you know our family at all, you know that we have two daughters. If you know us well, you know that we are pacifists. So it seems odd to me sometimes that my two girls have as many weapons as any stereotypical boy. There are many reasons, including the fact that we are huge Narnia fans and avid dresser-uppers. (I know that's not a word.) And Christine is a long-time Pirates of the Caribbean fan. Therefore, we have weapons to go with our many Narnia and pirate costumes. 

So, today when the girls had a family of boys over to play, it was business as usual. The first thing they did was gather the weapons--the ones the boys brought from home and the ones from the girls' room. As if that wasn't enough, Joshua came over to me in the kitchen and said, "Um, Mrs. Hodge, do you know where any weapons are?" He knows I have a stash of extras in the costume closet. So, out came the swords and daggers, along with pirate hats, bandanas and belts.

Let the games begin!


Here are a few pictures from last fall when they played Pirates.

Argh! Walk the plank, you scally -wag!

1 comment:

Jeff Frazee said...

So glad to see a new post here! Your girls would have a great time here too. I can't believe I haven't looked at your blog in three months. Time flies sometimes.