Monday, November 4, 2013

OCTOBER

October is my FAVORITE month! Here's why...

My birthday is in October! The girls made me breakfast in bed: toast, strawberries and "Happy B.Day" cut out of fruit leather! They are so creative!

Boccali Pumpkin Patch: a Hodge tradition that dates back to the first year Eric & I were married.

Found: The perfect Pumpkins!

Carving pumpkins the old-fashioned way with a pencil and a knife. No frills, but a lot of fun!

Two cats, a turkey and a traditional Jack-o-lantern.

Harvest-time crafts! We gathered fall leaves and dipped them in old candle wax to preserve them. They are hanging outside our front door.

Halloween!

After reading the books, Amber's idea was for the family to dress up as Chronicles of Narnia characters, specifically "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader." Amber was her favorite character, Reepicheep. Autumn was Aslan, and Eric was Prince Caspian, of course! (I was the Mist girl who falls in love with Prince Caspian.) 

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Hi Christine! Your blog always makes me smile and I can't help but think of your mom and how proud she was of all of you. ;-I am in AZ for a bit and would like to call your dad. Could you email his number and address? rehill97@yahoo.com

God bless you! Ruth