Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Green Greetings

In my spare time, I make cards and journals to sell at a local coffee shop, Coffee Connection. I use the tag line Green Greetings, because about 80% of the materials I use in the cards and journals are recycled (old postcards, photographs, jewelry, buttons, books that are falling apart, etc.) I even use second-hand envelopes that I get from thrift stores and garage sales. I sold several Valentine's Day cards, so I decided to do more specialty cards. This month, I made Mother's Day, Father's Day, congratulations, anniversary and, of course, birthday cards. For these, I used an old children's story book that I found at a free book exchange cart we have in town. The book was so old that the pages were falling out, but it was a treasure trove for me! If you live in Ojai, go to Coffee Connection and check out the cards. While you're there, buy a cup of the best coffee in town.

BIRTHDAY CARDS

MOTHER'S DAY CARDS

ANNIVERSARY, FATHER'S DAY, CONGRATULATIONS

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Very creative! Great idea. I love buying from thrift stores and finding pretty "old" cards.

Unknown said...

VERY COOL! Dawn Luptak