Friday, June 1, 2012

Us

Today is our 16th wedding anniversary! Woo hoo! It has been one incredible adventure that just keeps getting wilder and greater and more special with each passing year. Today I was thrift store shopping with my girls and I saw these button pins that read "I Love My Husband" and "I Love My Wife." So, I bought them and have been proudly wearing my button all day. I love my husband more deeply than I can put into words.

Lately, my love for him has enlarged as I've experienced him take care of me during some really rough times of headaches and sickness that I just can't seem to shake. He works all day, comes home and often has to take care of me and the girls without rest. And without complaint. He is living out our marriage vows in a real way.

In 11 days (not that I'm counting), Eric and I will take the train (and our bicycles) to San Luis Obispo for 5 days to celebrate 16 years. Okay, I am counting. I can't wait!

That was then.
This is now!


3 comments:

Michele said...

Seems like just yesterday... :-) Congratulations on 16th years!! It is so encouraging to see the love you have for each other. Enjoy SLO- we spent our honeymoon there and love it. (Oh, and my son would be jealous of the 'taking a train' part!)

Holly Jackson said...

Awww so cute...i love that you found the pins! I am glad you both had such a great time in SLO. I love it up there too! Where did you stay?
BTW i started a blog over at www bringhimfame dot com. Cards, Nail polish and other musings.
Hoppe your headaches have eased up by now...that really stinks to feel horrible alot of the time.

Holly Jackson said...

Awww so cute...i love that you found the pins! I am glad you both had such a great time in SLO. I love it up there too! Where did you stay?
BTW i started a blog over at www bringhimfame dot com. Cards, Nail polish and other musings.
Hoppe your headaches have eased up by now...that really stinks to feel horrible alot of the time.