Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mmmmmm good!

Whew! I am exhausted! I've been in the kitchen since 7:00 (and it's now 9:30). But it's a good exhaustion. I made 4 batches (8 loaves) of gluten-free, sugar-free zucchini bread. I've finally perfected my recipe. I wanted to develop my own recipe, one that tasted just as good as my regular zucchini bread. My family and neighbors and the ladies in my Bible study tell me it is even better.

I use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All-Purpose Baking Flour, and I use 1/2 coconut oil and half applesauce instead of the olive oil, and I use maple syrup or honey (whichever I have on hand) instead of the sugar. The last batch I made tonight was quite unique. It had a little bit of maple syrup, some honey and prickly pear cactus juice (hand made by our friends Ched & Elaine). I had run out of both the maple syrup and honey, and I still needed at least 1/2 cup of sweetener, so I opened my fridge and got creative! It turned out well, but I did have to bake it longer than the other batches.

I love zucchini bread best when it is hot, right out of the oven, slathered in butter. Now I have a stomach ache, though, from over-indulging.

Good night!

P.S. Stop by for a slice of bread.

No comments: