Thursday, September 15, 2011

I think he's on to our evil plan

My favorite scene in the movie "Marley & Me" is when the husband and wife are taking the dog to the vet to be fixed. The dog leaps almost all of the way out of the car as they are driving and John says to Jenny, "I think he's on to our evil plan."

We got five baby chicks on July 4th. This week we discovered that one (possibly two) of them are roosters. Tonight Eric is taking the one that we know is a rooster back to our friends who gave us the chickens. They will make the rooster into chicken pot pie soon. As I put Lyric (the name of the rooster) into the box, he took his very sharp beak and sliced it into my arm, leaving a 4-inch red mark. Ouch!

"I think he's on to our evil plan!" I told my husband as he put the box in the car and drove away.

No comments: