Thursday, July 7, 2011

She is so cute!

My 5-year-old, Autumn, does the cutest things. Sometimes she does them on purpose because she is the comedian of the house. But sometimes she just does the most adorable things, not meaning to, and not knowing that it will make me smile. Take today for instance. She was using the "shark" cordless mini vacuum to sweep up the bits and pieces of tiny paper left over from their craft day. She paused at one point and--leaving the vacuum running--sat down on the tile floor and started working on something. I asked her what she was doing. She got up, walked over to me and showed me two larger pieces of paper. She said, "These are too big for the shark, so I am tearing them in smaller pieces so I can vacuum them up." I chuckled and said,"Wouldn't it be easier to just throw them away." She laughed and said, "Oh yeah, mom, that's a great idea!"

No comments: