Sunday, July 10, 2011

Answered prayer

On the way home from church today, my 5-year-old daughter, Autumn, gave her heart to Jesus. She didn't even want to wait the 3 minutes it took us to get home.

I was driving the girls home (Eric is at a spearfishing tournament) and we started talking about being a Christ-follower and some of the things the Bible has to say about believing in Jesus. Amber said, "Autumn is not a Christian yet." I informed her that--Lord-willing--she would be someday. Autumn said, "I want to do that now." I said, "Okay, we'll pray when we get home." (I wanted to concentrate on my driving.) Autumn said, "I don't want to wait until I get home. Can we do it now?"

So, as I was driving, Autumn was praying. She asked Jesus to forgive her for "the bad things she has done" and asked Him to come into her life and she said she would follow Him.

Today God answered my biggest prayer for Autumn. My #1 prayer for my girls is that they would fall in love with Jesus at a young age. Amber gave her life to Jesus at age 5 and I was overjoyed. Today, I am overjoyed again and overwhelmed with gratefulness to God! Both my daughters love God. What more could a parent ask for?

No comments: