Sunday, June 26, 2011

Was it the gleam in my eye?

Yesterday, after the memorial, Eric's dad gave me a teapot belonging to Eric's mom. It matched the tiered server and the tea cups/saucers that Eric's mom had given me years ago. Tonight I was starting to find a place for the teapot in my china cabinet. I opened the lower cabinet doors, saw the contents, and the wheels of my mind started turning and going in a very familiar direction. I'll call it "the land of organization." It doesn't take much for me to venture into that land of fun and adventure.

Autumn walked into the dining room, looked at me and the open doors and said, "Are you re-arranging mom?"

I hadn't even told anyone what I was thinking of doing. Was it the gleam in my eye? Or does my daughter know me that well?

No comments: