Thursday, June 30, 2011

The best day

Tuesday Amber woke up very excited. She said, "It's VBS and the park play day today!"

I said, "It's the best day of your life!"

Amber quickly informed me, "No, the best day of my life will probably be when I go to heaven."

This is my mother-in-law's doing, and I am so grateful to her for it. Myrna Hodge lived her life well. She died well, too, never complaining of her cancer or wishing she were healed. Two months before she died, Myrna said, "I feel like I have one foot on this earth and the other in heaven."

Myrna told her grandkids about heaven, what it would be like, and she taught them how to get to heaven. She made it so exciting that when she died, Amber's cousin, Sarah, said, "I'm jealous of grandma. She's in heaven with Jesus!"

I know--without a doubt--that when Myrna crossed over the threshold from this life to eternity with Jesus, God said, "Well done, thy good and faithful servant."

***

2 Timothy 4:7-8:
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day--and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing."

No comments: