Friday, February 18, 2011

That empty space


Today is the anniversary of the day my brother, Steve, went home to be with Jesus. Three years have gone by, and this year seems even harder than the first two. I'm not sure why. I think it may have something to do with the fact that my mom will also be joining him soon. I called my sister-in-law (Steve's wife) and she shared the same thing with me.

All day I've been fighting back the tears, because the girls and I had such a fun day inside while the rain poured, and I didn't want to make the weather even gloomier. But now I am alone in the house while Eric is out with the girls, and the tears are coming down like the rain outside. I miss him so much today. I want to hear him laugh just one more time. I want him to give me that "awkward" sister hug. I want to hear him tell a story. There's this empty space in my heart. It will heal, little by little, but it will never completely go away. And I don't want it to, for I want to be reminded of my big brother whom I thought was invincible.

I love you, Steve!

1 comment:

Michele said...

Praying for you my friend.