Thursday, January 13, 2011

Good Mischief

My girls are up to something...but it's something good.

I was on the phone with my mom for awhile and when I hung up, they brought in a plate with string cheese and a piece of buttered toast for my "afternoon snack." Amber told me that she swept and mopped the kitchen floor, too. Then Autumn brought me three colored sheets from her coloring book. Then a rose from our bush out front. Then a dead branch from our Christmas tree with the tinsel still on it. Then a baggie of peanuts (in case I wasn't full enough). Each time they brought me something, they told me to stay in the office because they still had more surprises for me.

So I went online and checked airline tickets for my trip to see my mom at the end of this month. Then I checked my email. They said I still couldn't come out of the office, and so here I am writing this blog...

Well, the last surprise was a hot cup of coffee that they made, complete with hazelnut creamer and whipped cream on top.

"We put too much whipped cream on top so we had to scoop it off and into the trash can," Amber told me.

"Why didn't you just eat it?" I asked.

"We didn't want to get in trouble," she said.

Ooooo, what good little girls I have!

Now, I'm off the drink my yummy coffee.

2 comments:

Michele said...

If I hadn't met them, I'd swear you were making some of this up :-) They are too precious, and they know you well!

frisky said...

That's cool, because I'm pretty sure my kids usually try to kill each other whenever I'm on the phone with somebody. ;)