Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Down Time

Being a mom who teacher her children at home, I don't get a lot of chances to be in the house alone without the girls. So it was a treat to get some surprise "down time" yesterday. I took the girls down the street to a Gingerbread House-decorating party. I had no idea it was a "drop off" party. My friend said, "Come back in 3 hours. Go have fun!" I walked back home and didn't know what to do with myself--for about a minute! I knew I wasn't going to do any housework. I decided to work on a project I had been wanting to do for months. I framed several of Amber's drawings and hung them on the wall in the hallway. Last night when I walked out of the bathroom into the hallway, seeing those beautiful sketches in pretty frames cheered me up. Today I am watching my friend's two girls so she can be alone in her house and wrap Christmas presents. She'll need some down time after hosting that party yesterday.

1 comment:

ATSmith said...

so glad you opted on no housework!