Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christian Romance?

I was playing Yahtzee with Amber tonight when I found a scribbled little note on the back of a score card from when Eric and I were on vacation this past summer. I had meant to blog about it because I thought it was so funny...

We were shopping in Avalon at Catalina in the only bookstore on the island and I wanted to see if they had the newest book from one of my favorite authors of Christian romance-type novels. After scanning the store, I approached the very young clerk.

"Do you have a Christian fiction section?" I asked.

"Have you heard of The Shack? We have that." she answered.

"No," I said. "I mean Christian romance."

She looked at me, cocked her head to one side and said, in valley-girl style, "I've never heard of Christian romance. You mean, like, they meet in church?"

I chocked back my laughter and went to find Eric.

1 comment:

frisky said...

She's probably like, "Like, OMG, Christians don't have sex... do they?"
That's so funny, Christine!!!