Thursday, November 18, 2010

Just call me Dora


This morning I went to Autumn's preschool to help with the Thanksgiving Feast. As I walked onto the playground, a little girl (pictured right beside me in this photograph) called to me, "Aunt Dora, Aunt Dora."
I looked behind me, but I was the only adult standing there. She kept calling, "Aunt Dora," so I walked over to where she was at the swing set and asked her if she was talking to me. She said, "Yes, you're my Aunt Dora." I thought she was just playing with me until her teacher said that I look like one of her aunts. I said to her, "I'm not really your aunt." She said, "Yes you are. You're my Aunt Dora and I saw you last week at a party." She was serious and continued to call me Aunt Dora as she asked me to play with her, push her on the swings, ride with her in the helicopter. It was hilarious! I didn't even get to play with my own daughters because this little girl kept me occupied! I guess I must have a twin somewhere in Ojai.

No comments: