Saturday, July 24, 2010

And coffee, too!

This morning I woke up and shuffled into the hallway. I thought I smelled coffee wafting through the house, but I shrugged it off. Eric was still asleep and the girls were playing in the living room, so my nose must have deceived me. Then as I walked into the bathroom, my girls came running up to me.

"Mommy, mommy, we made breakfast for you--AND COFFEE!!" They were so excited and led me by the hand into the dining room where a plate of yogurt, toast with butter and coffee with my favorite creamer awaited me.

I tasted the coffee and it was good! I've never shown Amber how to make coffee, so she must have just learned by watching me. It wasn't too strong or too weak. I was very impressed.

Later this morning, I was sharing with my friends about how the girls now get up and play on their own for about an hour sometimes while we are still sleeping. They get themselves breakfast sometimes and make us breakfast sometimes, too. Amber makes lunch for the two of them occasionally. Right now they're taking a shower all by themselves.

I'm not sure when they turned the corner--the proverbial corner where they are a little more self-sufficient. I can't recall the day they started letting us sleep in or made us breakfast in bed or took their first shower--it just happened. And I am blessed to watch them grow a little more each day.

5 comments:

heidibelle said...

That is wonderful... I love it when the kids take care of themselves... :) Enjoy!!!

Michele said...

I've been teaching Jonathan how to make the coffee, I can't wait until he's old enough to do it by himself... :-)

ATSmith said...

Love it!

Rebecca said...

I adore that corner. It's a little sad when they turn it, but it's sooo nice. :)

Rebecca said...

And hey, yay us for blogging!! It's hard to stick with it sometimes.