Monday, June 7, 2010

School's Out!

Today was the last day of school for me and Amber. (Eric still has two more math lessons to teach her.) After our final lessons, we celebrated with extra games and double prizes for each winner. I also gave Amber an end-of-the-school-year gift: a strawberry shaped notebook, and I let the girls pilfer the sticker box. They had so much fun!

Below are a few pictures of the last week of school. Today we ended our sign language lessons. I have been teaching Amber and Autumn sign language, and they have learned well.

Last week Amber and I went on a nature walk along the Ojai Meadows Preserve trail and found the tiniest frogs we have ever seen. We took them back to Autumn's preschool to show the kids and then relocated them in our backyard. A week later, they're still alive. We keep seeing one of them hopping around our garden.

Friday was the homeschool group's year-end swim party. The girls had a great time.

Now it is officially summer at the Hodge Lodge. Wednesday my sister arrives from Denver and Saturday Eric and I get on a bus with a bunch of teen-agers and travel nine hours to Woodleaf, a Young Life camp in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. We'll be there for a week, climbing towers and riding zip lines, getting wet and muddy, singing crazy songs and sharing our lives.

The rest of the summer will be full of reading, scrapbooking, making crafts, spearfishing, swim lessons and a whole lot of relaxing! Happy summer!

5 comments:

frisky said...

Congrats Amber!!!
And those frogs are so stinkin' cute!

Michele said...

Looks like you guys have so much fun learning, which is half the battle. Those are the tiniest frogs I've ever seen! Wow!

Steve and Donna Douglas said...

What is the name/author of the sign language book you are using?

Kathy said...

HOw Fuun!! and how cool for your sister to ahve that time with your girls!! I am so excited for all of you!

I saw this and thoguht of you..I know you had mentioend wanting to do this and didnt know if you had done it yet:)


http://www.mysweetheartmoments.com/2010/06/my-memory-keepsake-blog-turned-into.html

Christine H. said...

Steve & Donna,
I used "My First Book of Sign Language" by Joan Holub (Paperback - Mar. 2004) as a tool to teach the girls. It's a great book. I also am pretty fluent in sign language because I took 4 semesters in college.

Kathy,
I published my blog using "Blog2Print" at www.sharedbook.com
I really like the book.