Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Green Eggs & Toast

Every year on St. Patrick's Day, I make a special "green" breakfast for my daughters. They have grown to anticipate this with much excitement. This year, they started talking about the "green day" weeks before today. A few days ago I told them that I was going to serve broccoli, kale, spinach, green beans, peas and rainbow chard (after all, leprechauns like rainbows). While they do like all these greens (except the chard), they protested to my ideas. We all had a good laugh.

This morning I prepared green eggs, shamrock toast with green butter and green milk. They enjoyed the fun breakfast, as usual. Amber picked up the fork and said, "The fork is green, too!" It was a joy to see their expressions as they began their day of green. Below are a few pictures so you can see what I'm writing about. Happy St. Patrick's Day!
"The fork is green, too!"

Two "Irish" cuties. (we have a wee bit of Ireland our genes)

1 comment:

Michele said...

How fun! Your girls are adorable first thing in the morning by the way!