Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cute & Compassionate Words

These past few weeks my daughters have been saying some very cute & very sweet things. I thought I'd share a few with you.

For some reason, Amber got frightened in the bathroom one day after she heard a noise. I asked her what the noise sounded like. She said, "It sounded like a bear inside a water balloon."

Hmmm...I don't think I'm familiar with that sound!


One day I was sitting at my desk (that now has a backyard view) and the window was open. Autumn was in the back yard playing when an airplane flew over the house, rather low. She stopped her playing, looked up and shouted, "Hello plane! Hello! Do you want to stay for dinner? No? Okay. Bye plane."

You know, they really should consult me before making dinner plans.


In school one day, I read Amber the poem "When I Grow Up." Then I had her draw a picture of what she wanted to be when she grows up. She drew a picture of two little girls holding hands. I asked her to describe the picture. She said, "This is a picture of me and Autumn. When I grow up, I want to be my sister's best friend."

I had to get a tissue before continuing on with school.


The last one is my favorite, for it warms my heart.

My friend, Amy, recently got a bad case of poison oak. Last week at my women's Bible study, Amy (who works with the children) came up to me afterward and told me that Amber saw her in pain and said, "I wish we could trade right now so I'm the one hurting and not you."

Strangely enough, a few days after Amber said that, she herself got a touch of poison oak while hiking with Eric. I reminded her of what she told Amy and she said to me, "Yeah, mom, but Miss Amy still has her poison oak." I was very proud of my daughter for her heart of compassion and empathy.

2 comments:

Michele said...

What beautiful and warm, funny girls you have! Thanks for sharing!

frisky said...

Aaawwww, that's so cute Christine. What little sweethearts.