Thursday, January 7, 2010

Call me crazy! Part II

Finally, I'm posting pictures of my office re-do. Remember my wild and crazy idea to reorganize my office on Christmas Eve? Here's the original story, in case you missed it. Well, I finished the project a week later on New Year's Eve (isn't that funny?). I didn't spend a dime (or even a penny!). I just used what I already had in my office or somewhere else in the house. And I did a lot of shuffling things from one part of the office to another. I got rid of a lot of things (which is always good) and cleared a lot of stuff off of the walls. One thing I really wanted to do was create a place for Amber's and Autumn's artwork that they do on a sometimes-daily basis. I was pinning some pieces to an already-crowded cork board and taping others to the wall. It made for a very busy, messy look in the office. The solution: clear off the biggest of my three (yes, 3) office cork boards and use it to display the girls' masterpieces. Now, if it doesn't fit on the cork board, it doesn't go on the walls. I will display artwork for a month or so and then tack up new pieces. Another big thing I did was move this large workbench/table out of the office, since I rarely used it, and placed it on the back patio for the girls to use when they paint. That created two solutions: I now have more room in the office and the girls have a place to create more masterpieces (outside) where mommy is not worried about paint getting on the furniture. One of my favorite results of the re-do is that I can sit at an empty desk (what a concept) and pay bills or sign birthday cards with a beautiful view of the backyard and my daughters playing with the neighbor girls. All in all, I am really pleased with the result and when I enter my office now, I get a warm-fuzzy feeling. I get a feeling of accomplishment. Words like clean, neat, organized and peaceful come to my mind. I know, I know, it's a sickness.
BEFORE:
(I put the blue table in the back yard.)

AFTER:

(I moved my desk to be in front of the window.)


My beautiful view!


BEFORE:


AFTER:


BEFORE:
(My desk in the corner, and oh the clutter!)

AFTER:


BEFORE:

AFTER:
(The artwork board.)

BEFORE:
(I cleared off this cork board and stored all the pins/buttons, etc.)

AFTER:

BEFORE:

AFTER:
(A clean wall!)

BEFORE:

AFTER:

2 comments:

Steve and Donna Douglas said...

Very nice! You did a good job of organizing. I like that you can look out the window when working at your desk.

Michele said...

Good job girl!