Thursday, December 24, 2009

Call me crazy!

Call me crazy, but I have this urge to totally re-do my office (without spending money). We just returned from a trip to Arizona where we stayed with a friend, Nancy. One of her guest rooms is adorable, and functional. Seeing it got the wheels spinning in my head. I already knew of a few things I could do right away to make the office more functional and less cluttered-looking. My office is anything from cluttered, since I have the OCD gene, but the walls are cluttered and I have the girls artwork (which is rapidly growing) here there and everywhere. Some pieces are pinned to the bulletin board, others are taped to the wall, others are barely hanging on the wall. Add to that the fact that my girls just received some wonderful art supplies for Christmas from relatives in Arizona. I want to utilize my office space to put the art supplies in a more accessible place for them. (Right now their crayons, coloring books, paper, etc., is all in boxes in the closet, hard for them to reach.

So, call me crazy, but I want to start re-organizing now. As in, today. As in, Christmas Eve. As in, the day (almost night) before Christmas. It seems logical to me. After all, I've been ready for Christmas for weeks. I just got back from a trip and am almost done unpacking. We're going to Eric's parents house tomorrow for Christmas, so I don't have to cook. Why not start a major room redo? I'll let you know how it goes. I'm going to start moving things around.

Merry Christmas Eve!

3 comments:

Steve and Donna Douglas said...

Yes, you are crazy! But when an idea forms it's hard to not act on it. Have fun!

Michele said...

You aren't crazy, I would do the same thing :-) Can't wait to hear about it and perhaps pictures? I may steal some ideas from you.

Christine H. said...

eah, well, I don't know if my ideas are that great. As of yet, I am just shuffling things from one wall to the other. But I am getting rid of stuff. I took "before" pictures. I'll take "after" ones, too. The bulletin board I freed up for the girls artwork looks really cute. It's 11:27 p.m., and if I don't get this redo project done soon, I'll be up every night very late...