Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Husband of the Year

Sunday night Eric slept in the living room. It's not what you think...

Early Sunday morning I woke up with a horrible headache and took
some headache medicine on an empty stomach (yeah, bad idea, but I was in too much pain to think straight.) Anyway, I had a bad reaction to the medicine--and it didn't even work on my headache--so I was in bed all day Sunday, trying to fall asleep so I wouldn't feel the pain. Long story short, after hours of being awake--watching Netflix on Eric's laptop, writing in my notebook, just lying there--I finally was asleep at 8:30 p.m.

The next morning I awoke and the headache was gone, but so was something else. I looked over to find the other half of the bed empty. Later, Eric told me that he slept all night in the living room by the fireplace. He said he was cold. He only had two little dinky blankets to cover up with. I asked why he didn't get the thicker, bigger blankets and he said they were in our room. I said that he could have come in and gotten them because I wasn't using them. He said, "You had finally fallen asleep after trying all day. I did not want to wake you by coming in the room."

Not only did he take care of me all day Sunday, but my sweet husband froze his toes for me. He definitely gets the "Husband of the Year" award.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

He is one in a million:)