Sunday, September 13, 2009

Kid Funnies

My daughters have been saying some cute things lately. I thought I should write them down before I forget.

I was talking with Amber about the seasons and temperatures in Phoenix, where I grew up. I told her that it was sometimes warm in the winter, hot in the fall and hot in the spring. Without skipping a beat, she said, "And in the summer it is HOT, HOT, HOT!"

I was lying on the couch one day with a headache and Amber was repeating the same phrase over and over, something about her dolls. I said, "Amber, would you please stop saying that." She asked why and I told her that it was annoying to repeat something over and over. Then she said, "It's annoying to repeat things. It's annoying to repeat things. It's annoying to repeat things. It's annoying to repeat things." I really don't think she was doing it on purpose or to be funny; she was just zoning out. But I had to start laughing at that point!

We had house guests last week, a family of six. As we got ready for church last Sunday, Autumn came into the bathroom and asked me, "Can the other mommy fix my hair this morning?"

The girls and I were playing "Mother May I?" and Amber was the "mother." She decided to be funny and said, "Autumn, take 3 steps back." Autumn returned the humor when she turned around and took 3 backward steps, toward Amber. I laughed, but Amber didn't think it was very funny!

No comments: