Friday, May 29, 2009

I just can't help myself

An hour ago, Amber asked me to pop some popcorn for a snack. I said I would do it in a few minutes, after I got my scrapbook out of the closet for Scrapbook Day tomorrow. I opened the craft closet, saw Amber's new sewing box that needed to be organized. I worked on that and then I saw some things that I never repaired that I decided to throw away. Then I saw some random craft supplies that needed to be put in a better place. THEN I got to the back of the closet where my empty scrapbooks are kept. (I usually get them on clearance and then stock up.) I noticed that they were all out of sorts and so I just had to rearrange them. A few minutes ago, Amber said, "Mom, could you please make the popcorn, I haven't had my snack yet." Talk about patience! I popped the popcorn and explained to Amber that I just couldn't help myself. I got sucked into the fun task of organization. You'd think I'd run out of things to organize, but I just can't help myself. I love it! Now back to the closet--I still never chose what scrapbook to use for tomorrow!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Step into my parlour. . . :) I'll make goooooood use of that handy little neurosis of yours. (Mua, ha, ha!)

Michele said...

I see so much of myself in that post- scary!!