Thursday, April 9, 2009

Eh?

Okay, so I wasn't going to post this because it's more funny when you actually HEAR the story, but Gina said to blog about it anyway (Hmmm, I wonder if it's because it's about her son.) : )

Yesterday I called Gina to wish her a happy birthday, and her 8-year-old, Riley, answered the phone. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: Is your mom there?
Riley: She's on her cell phone.
Me: Can you tell her that Christine called to wish her a happy birthday.
(I must have said this too fast because...)
Riley: Huh?
Me: Can you tell her that Christine called to wish her a happy birthday.
(I was still too fast because...)
Riley: Canyoupleasespeakslowly.
(He said it so fast I couldn't understand him so I said...)
Me: What?
Riley: Can you please speak slowly.
(I still couldn't understand him...)
Me: What?
Riley: C a n -- y o u -- p l e a s e -- s p e a k -- s l o w l y.
Me: Oh yeah, okay, C a n -- y o u -- t e l l -- y o u r -- m o m -- t h a t -- C h r i s t i n e -- c a l l e d -- t o -- w i s h -- h e r -- a -- h a p p y -- b i r t h d a y.
Riley: Okay. Bye.

I guess we both need lessons in not talking too fast!

1 comment:

frisky said...

I hope my sister reads this 'cause she has so many funny conversations with Riley when he answers the phone. He's one of those people that does not like talking on the phone. Which will be good for me when we eventually get him on the family cell phone plan!