Thursday, March 5, 2009

Just Wondering

This post is more for my Ventura County friends, since it's about a store in Ventura.

Is it just me, or are the clearance areas at Target in the mall getting a little overwhelming? I love Target, as many of you know. I love the dollar section and I really love the "end aisles" as I call them--the end of the aisles where they mark down items with those bright reddish-orange stickers. Well, I just got back from Target and I bought the usual household items (t.p., hairspray, pull-ups, etc.) and then I headed over to my favorite area, the end aisles near the office supplies section. I was checking out all of the deals when I glanced down the aisles and it seemed like EVERYTHING is marked down. I saw "Clearance" tags and reddish-orange stickers all up and down many of the aisles. So, of course, I had to peruse those aisles and it just got overwhelming. Some of the things aren't even marked down enough to call it clearance. I spent way too long in the stationery aisle looking for "thank you" cards for a friend and my eyes got all buggy. It just wasn't worth it. I was definitely overwhelmed. Am I the only one?

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

It's the same way out here. Last time I was at the Reno one they had these negligible markdowns everywhere, on red tags. I got kind of fed up. Must be the economy, like everything else these days. ;)

hestermom said...

I don't usually go to the Target by the mall, but even the "old" Target has the same situation. If it has that red little tag, I expect it to be very cheap!!

frisky said...

I just got some little fuzzy-lined-knock-off-crocs yesterday that are too small for Keira (darnit!) that were originally $12.99 for only $3.24! Good gift I guess. They are oh so cute, too!

ATSmith said...

Bad Economy = Good deals, is my guess (for those who still have working capital and jobs, that is).

Melanie said...

Yeah Target has gotten bad about it. That is also my favorite section that I swing by all the time and most often the discount is only 10-20%. But I think a lot of people expect that the red is a bigger discount and don't look at the original price. And since my Target is across the street, believe me they don't mark them down more. People buy them at that price. Even when I hold out for the bigger discount.

Jeff Frazee said...

Nope... doesn't phase me a bit. I'm a sucker for cheep gas and that's about it.