Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Lobster, anyone?

I have so many things to blog about, like the fact that my daughter, Amber, aced her first test today. Or that I went to Laguna Beach with girlfriends for the weekend. Or that we celebrated Christmas again with Eric's sister and family last week. But I may never get around to writing those stories, so I thought I'd brag about Eric. A few weeks ago he came home with a bag of lobster he got at the islands. My friend Lisa is studying marine life with her children as they home school. I sent her these pics and the following information. I thought I'd share the same with you...

The lobster were caught at Anacapa Island (in the Channel Islands) by Eric. The biggest one is 4 pounds. Eric went free diving (held his breath) and grabbed them. If you are not a commercial fisherman, the only way you can catch lobster is to grab them with your hands. You can "catch" seven lobster per day from October to March (there are specific dates). Last year the Fish and Game Department implemented a new "rule" that you have to record when and where and how many lobster you grab per day. They are keeping record of the number of lobster taken by non-commercial divers, now. Enjoy the pictures!





2 comments:

frisky said...

Not the cutest creatures God created, eh?!

Christine H. said...

What? I think they're adorable, especially on a plate with steamed veggies! : ) Hmmmm....maybe Gourmet Group in April at our house........