Monday, December 1, 2008

Guest Blogger Eric Tells a Fish Story

My hubby, Eric, wrote this little ditty and posted it on the spearboard. I thought it was a great story, and the title was so clever. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. (F.Y.I. "bugs" are lobster.)

After Black Friday Comes Yellowtail Saturday

By Eric Hodge


My dad and the kids and I went out for a morning bug run to the Islands on Saturday. After getting some bugs and catching some rock fish, the water looked nicely clear (40-50 ft visibility) and maybe a little on the warm side, 61 degrees, for this time of year. I thought to myself, "Maybe the Yellowtail don't know it is after Thanksgiving. Maybe they don't know they should be down deep feeding on squid or in Mexico or wherever they go in the winter, but maybe they just are messed up in the head or something." Plus, I just needed to prove to myself that they were not where I would find them in the summer (near the surface and curious). Well, I was wrong. They were up and about and acting semi-friendly. I managed one 30 pounder, and ended up floundering on a couple other shots. All in all it was a great day on the ocean with the family.

3 comments:

heidibelle said...

Wow... Eric is blogging. Welcome to the world of blogging Eric. Before you know it you will have your own fishing/diving/shrooming blog site! :) We just got in last night and got a package from you guys... thanks!!!

Kathy Eller said...

Man I miss that guy! We have done a terrible job of keeping in touch :(

You were our first Christmas card this year! Feels like you should get some sort of a prize....good job Christine. It was great to see a picture of your beautiful family and hear of all your excitement!

D said...

Hey Eric ~

What do you do with all that fish????????? Want to work out a trade of some kind?
Signed, Fond of Fish (CH's friend)