Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A True Friend

Sounds like a cheesy email poem about friendship, doesn't it? Well, it's nothing of the sort. It's true and it's a tribute to my good friend, Gina.

After going 2 1/2 days without a land line, (see the blog below) yesterday I logged onto the Internet to check my email and noticed that Gina had just emailed me. Hoping she was still online, I emailed her a request. I wanted her to call the phone company for me. Eric had called them two days before using his cell phone and they told him that a phone tech would be out sometime Tuesday afternoon. It was approaching the "afternoon" time and I wanted to make sure they were still coming, but I don't have a cell phone and the girls were asleep so I couldn't go to the neighbor's house to use their phone. I emailed Gina and asked her to call AT&T for me. I gave her the phone number and our account number and she emailed back that she would call. A few minutes later she emailed me again:

I'm on hold......

I emailed her back this reply:

You're an awesome friend. I'm gonna blog about you when this whole thing is over...a true friend waits on hold for another friend...a true friend waits on hold when it has nothing to do with her.

Several minutes later, Gina emailed me again:

They transferred me to the repair dept and they said that a tech has already been dispatched and should arrive shortly. Wahoo!!!

As soon as I replied to her email, there was a knock at my door and a not-so-happy phone tech was there, ready to fix the problem.

When I had phone service again 45 minutes later, Gina was the first person I called.

She said, "I thought I'd never see your name on caller id again!" and we talked for way-too long!

Gina, you are a true friend!

4 comments:

hestermom said...

Yes, praise God for good friends! Gina is awesome!

frisky said...

Oh stop it!!!..... okay do more :)
I was glad to help, and thank goodness it didn't affect the internet, PHEW!!!

Ryan said...

You guys really need to learn how to IM.

You can even do it over facebook.

So...next time your phone line goes out, log on to facebook and look at the bottom right corner of the screen and click the button that tells who's on line. Then you can type messages in real time. No checking e-mail necessary.

Just a hint.

Christine H. said...

Oh I just knew someone was going to give me grief about either not IMing or not having a cell phone. Ryan, why is it that the only time you comment on my blog is to explain something technical to me?
Ha ha! : )