Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Little Bunny Ears

Today Amber learned how to tie her shoes! Eric taught her and she learned in all of five minutes. It had been something we had been wanting to teach her for several months, but we just didn't make the time. Next up is riding her bike without training wheels. She's been ready for this for probably a year, but we live on a busy street corner and haven't taken the time (again) to go to a parking lot or the bike trail to teach her. That is on Eric's "to-do" list now. There are so many things we have to teach our children and so little time to do it. I am glad there isn't a rule book with a time-line for learning. I know how to tie my shoes. I know how to ride a bicycle without training wheels and I know how to read and write. I have no idea when I learned those things and it doesn't really matter. The important thing, I guess, is to keep teaching our kids, and hopefully to have fun while doing it.

2 comments:

hestermom said...

Yeah Amber!! It seems like so much "growing up" happens in such a short time.

LysaLy said...

Our goal over Winter Break is to teach Payson to tie hers. Wish us luck!