Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008

The night finally arrived...the night Amber had been looking forward to since summer when she decided what she wanted to be for Halloween...the night she had been especially looking forward to since last week when I showed her the Ariel costume I bought...the night was here...Halloween night! We got all dressed up and went to the Harvest Festival at church. Amber was Ariel, Eric was Prince Eric from "The Little Mermaid," Autumn was a Care Bear and I was Captain Jack Sparrow from "Pirates of the Caribbean" (for the second year in a row).

The Harvest Festival was a lot of fun. I got into a sword fight with little Riley Frisk, who was also dressed as a pirate. We were really dueling it up, and I probably would have beaten the 8-year-old if it hadn't been for some lady and her baby behind me. As we were fighting, I backed up and tripped over the stroller. I almost fell backward onto the baby! What in the world was that woman thinking--getting in the way of a sword fight, with a baby nonetheless! I think Riley paid her off to begin with. I mean, it's the only way he could beat a grown-up pirate, right? I have to admit, though, he is quite a good sword-fighter! Maybe all the taekwon-do classes he's been taking have finally paid off.

It was a fun night!

4 comments:

frisky said...

Hate to break it to ya, but you were actually beaten by an 8 year old!
I loved your Prince Eric and Ariel, they were so cute!! Eric fit the part perfectly!

Christine H. said...

I changed it to 8 years old. Thanks! Now I feel even less of a pirate!

Lea said...

ADORABLE! xox

Kari said...

Great fun to read and see those adorable pictures :)