Saturday, October 4, 2008

Whaz Up?

There just doesn't seem to be a lot of things to blog about lately. We've been doing things, but we haven't been that busy, which is a nice change of pace...

That being written, this post is for my friend Jenny who always reads my blog to stay caught up on our lives (even though she lives around the corner and we daily wave at each other as I drive the girls somewhere and she's out walking her dog.) We were just at her house this morning at her garage sale. We picked up a backpack, t-shirts and a bunch of coffee mugs for $6. The mugs will come in handy, as Eric drinks green tea every morning and the cups seem to get left in his truck for weeks before I see them again!

So Jenny, here's what we've been up to: Homeschooling is going well. We are almost done with the alphabet (letter sounds and writing). Next up is vowels, vocabulary development, grammar and reading. We joined a homeschool group and met at the park a few weeks ago. I really enjoyed the time spend with the moms while the kids played nearby. I was the newest member. I didn't really know anyone, and in a few minutes, the women all made me feel like I'd been a part of the group for years! Amber was adorable, as she asked each child, "Are you homeschooled, too?" There were a ton of kids and my girls had a great time. We meet about three times each month.

Besides homeschooling, we've been attending leader meetings for Young Life, and last night we had our first event to kick-off the school year. It was a pre-football game rally with games and ice cream and tons of candy. We handed out fliers for the first Young Life Club, which is Monday. We'll have Club (similar to a youth group night) every other Monday evening at a different leader's home.

I've gotten my fill of coffee lately, as I've been meeting with other women on Tuesdays or Thursdays for a cup of joe and conversation. Amber has tagged along with me for these outings, and she has been so good just sitting there enjoying a cookie and coloring while I chat with a friend. I just decided that I would have to take her with me if I want to meet a friend for coffee, since it's almost impossible to find a babysitter during the morning. We usually finish school at 10:00, so if any of you locals want to meet for coffee or come over to our house for a homemade mocha on Tuesdays or Thursdays, just give me a call. I have to pick up Autumn from preschool by 12:15.

Besides homeschooling, Young Life and coffee, I've been doing crafts with the girls (which is nothing new). But today the girls and I made Christmas presents for Autumn's teachers and our babysitters. Yes, you read the word "Christmas." Hey, it's never too early to start marking things off of your Christmas list. This year we are going to continue to make a lot of gifts, trying hard to not feed into the already declining economy. Oh, and I started making my Christmas cards last week, too!

So, that's the latest scoop here at the Hodge Lodge. I was simply elated that it rained today and the temperature dropped so many degrees. It's beginning to look a lot like fall. I hope it stays that way. I love this time of year!

2 comments:

heidibelle said...

Hey it looked like fall here too! We also got rain and I LOVE it! Can't wait to see you soon....

Michele said...

How I wish it were fall here too! :-) I would LOVE to drop over for a mocha, but I don't think that will happen, it will have to be a virtual one over the internet! Know that I'm thinking of you.