Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Autumn stuck a bead up her nose

Today I gave the girls some beads to play with outside. Autumn just came in the office and said, "Oh, Oh, Oh," and pointed to her nose. It was a normal-sized bead, half the size of a marble, and it fit nice and snug inside her nostril. It wasn't too hard to retrieve, though. After I got it out and proceeded to throw it away, she said, "No, no, I want it!" Yuck! I never thought my kids would do this, but I don't know why I am surprised. They've done more clever things than this.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

That's funny. I can totally see Lila doing that someday. :)

frisky said...

I stuck a bean up my nose when I was little and my sis had to get it out. She remembers it vividly. I don't, I just remember her burning me with a curling iron on the side of my face... I still tweak out when a hairstylist is doing my hair.
BTW, if it was a hard bead to get out, you just need to hold the other nostril and tell her to blow. Not that I've ever had to do that.... yet!

Christine H. said...

Oh, and my babysitter said that today Autumn bit into an ink pen when her back was turned, and there was ink running down Autumn's face! Oh that little girl!

try2bAsunbeam said...

That is funny...
The things we moms must go through on a daily basis! Great way to brighten your day!!

LysaLy said...

My son, Spencer, got a cone shaped head light Lego stuck up his nose when he was 5. It was horrible! Couldn't squeeze it out..couldn't blow it out (it had a hole going thru the middle). We had to make a trip to both urgent care and the ER, before a doctor and 3 male nurses could hold him down to retrieve it with some plier-type tool. We did NOT keep the Lego. :)