Thursday, October 30, 2008

40 Watts

It's the little things in life that make me happy. I'm pretty low-maintenance when it comes to things...gifts, entertainment, food, etc. People have often said that it doesn't take much to please me or get me excited about something. Today I got excited over a 40 watt appliance bulb. Eric and I were at the hardware store earlier and I finally bought a $1.99 light bulb for our oven. The oven never had a working light bulb. It was burned-out when we bought the house in 2001. And buying an appliance bulb is always the last thing I think of when I am shopping. But today I remembered. Today we bought the bulb and I just installed it ("installed" sounds much more technical than "screwed it in"). After installing it, I closed the oven door and turned on the light. Then I peeked through the glass and looked inside my semi-clean oven. (I am so glad I decided to clean it last week.) Then I turned it on and off and on and off again. I was giddy! I can't wait until Thanksgiving when I can peek at my turkey without opening the oven door! You know, I should have bought two or three light bulbs while I was at it. Hopefully I won't wait seven years to replace this one when it burns out.

No comments: