Sunday, September 7, 2008

This Day Just Keeps Getting Better & Better!

Before we went to church this morning, my 5-year-old daughter, Amber, gave her heart to Jesus. I was in the bathroom getting ready for church and she was talking to Eric in the living room. She said, "Daddy, how old were you when you got your first loose tooth?" He said, "About 5 or 6." The she asked, "How old were you when you told Jesus that you were sorry for all of the bad things you did?" He said he was about her age. She said, "Can I do that right now. I want to do that right now." She asked Jesus to forgive her and come into her life and she said she would follow Him.

This morning God answered my biggest prayer for Amber. My #1 prayer for my girls is that they would fall in love with Jesus at a young age. I was overjoyed and overwhelmed with gratefulness to the Lord!

Today is the first Sunday of the month and that is the Sunday our church partakes in communion. Amber said to me, "Mommy, you said when I give my life to Jesus, I can eat the bread and wine (grape juice)." It was so neat that Amber got to be a part of communion on the same day she made her decision to follow Jesus!

The second neat thing that happened today was that a college student whom I used to mentor came back to church today. I hadn't seen her all summer and so last night I called her to tell her that I missed her and invited her back to church. She came and brought her boyfriend this morning. That was awesome! God is awesome!

The third really cool thing happened after church. One of the college students and a fellow Young Life leader asked to talk to me. She said she really looks up to me and wants to spend more time with me. I was blown away! I love young people and I really like this young person!

The final thing that made my great day even greater was that Eric took the girls to the store, brought home three bags of groceries and started cooking up a storm in the kitchen! He used some white sea bass he speared and made a killer red chowder! It was award-winning! Eating that yummy chowder was the perfect way to end a wonderful day!

9 comments:

heidibelle said...

Wow... I cried as I read this Christine... I am so proud in a motherly way of Amber. And so happy to have her as a sister in Christ. What a wonderful day. Thanks for sharing right away.

Kari said...

God is so good :) Thanks for sharing your blessed day :)

hestermom said...

Yeah, I am so excited and happy...that does sound like a wonderful day. d

Michele said...

Oh Christine, my heart is so full for you right now!!! I am rejoicing with you that your special prayer was answered with Amber. I love it when God gives us those perfect days.

Rebecca said...

That is so, so, so awesome!! I can't wait for that day to come in our family. And how cool that you got so many extra blessings on top of that in one day.

And I have to say that my husband is very impressed that Eric speared and cooked his own sea bass. ;) He says, "That's a dude."

Jeff Frazee said...

Praise Our God who works to woo us and wins us with His love!!!

ATSmith said...

Wow! What a wonderful, wonderful day : )

Lea said...

Just beautiful!....no other words...just joy filled tears. Give Amber a BIG hug from Aunt Lea!

Melanie said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing such a big day. Made me tear up. Happy tears!