Friday, August 15, 2008

Three Dead Rats

THREE DEAD RATS
(sung to the tune of "Three Blind Mice")

Three Dead Rats,
Three Dead Rats,
Oh How They Stink,
Oh How They Stink,
Eric Had To Bag Them All Up,
Christine Was Very Grateful,
Now The House Smells Good Again,
Three Dead Rats,
Three Dead Rats.

Yes, Eric just bagged up three dead rats that had been causing quite a stink in our house. Now before you get too grossed out, the rats were not in the house. They laid their bodies to rest outside, right below the swamp cooler! Earlier today, I turned on the cooler, loaded up the kids in the car and went off to Amber's very long doctor's appointment. Hours later, I returned to the house, walked inside and--yuck--what is that smell?!

At first, I thought it was just a bad musty smell from the rain last night. So when Eric came home, I asked him to spray some car freshener into the cooler vent. That's when he discovered not one, not two, but three dead rats below the cooler. In a matter of minutes, the smell was gone. I am very grateful! I didn't ask Eric what he did with the rats. I don't want to know.

2 comments:

Christine H. said...

Eric wonders if their death had to do with the freak rainstorm last night (see my other blog).

Rebecca said...

Well, at least they had the decency to die OUTside! Ew.

Your hubby is very kind to you. :)