Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ten Random Things About Me

I saw this in a friend's blog last year and have wanted to do this...

Ten random things you may not know about me:

1.) I was an extra in the 1980s movie, American Anthem. (If you look really, really, really, really, really, really hard, you can see me in the stadium crowd.)
2.) I'm a direct descendant of Geronimo. (A few of you knew that already.)
3.) I was in the 1996 swimsuit issue of Glamour Magazine. (I was NOT in a swimsuit, though. I was in an article with Eric about our upcoming wedding.)
4.) When I was 2-years-old (I think), I had stitches inside and outside my mouth for climbing up the back of a folding step-ladder. It folded on my mouth! I still have a faint scar.
5.) While we're talking about scars, I still have a pinhead-sized rock in my right knee from when I fell down the stairs at church as a child. (I was an active kid!)
6.) I can't whistle.
7.) I have an ugly toe. (Just one.)
8.) I met and had my picture taken with presidential candidate Sen. John McCain when I was in high school.
9.) I played intramural soccer for my dorm in college. I played right fullback. We were pretty good.
10.) In college, I completed line dance lessons and became a Dry Gulch Dancer, participating in line dance competitions at bars and county fairs. After college, I taught senior citizens how to line dance at a retirement home. One of the ladies wanted to call our group, "The End of the Line."

Okay, so I won't tag any of my blogger friends, but I'd love read your random facts when you get the time to blog.

7 comments:

hestermom said...

That was a great post! I can't whistle either. =)

Rebecca said...

Me neither. And incidentally, I'd like to know what constitutes an "ugly toe". Is that "horribly deformed" or "slightly less cute"? :)

Christine H. said...

My "ugly toe" is a fungus toenail on my left footthat I've had all my life, but it's never spread to any other toes. I've always called it an "ugly toe." It's only really hideous if I don't keep the nail filed down and don't keep nail polish on it. I can hide it somewhat with nail polish and glitter polish.

frisky said...

Hmmm, I wonder if the polish and glitter thing would work for Billy's ugly toes?
Yeah right, like I would even contemplate having glitter in the house!!!!

ATSmith said...

So ... can you still line dance?

try2bAsunbeam said...

Great post! The lists are always fun to read and to do!

LysaLy said...

I was in American Anthem, too! I bring it up EVERY summer olympics! I remember watching Janet Jones (aka Mrs. Wayne Gretzke) PRETEND to be a gymnast while a body double would come in and take her place! I LOVED Mitch Gaylord! What a terrible movie, though, huh?? :)