Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Earthquake!

I just felt an earthquake! Yes, it's true. About 10 minutes ago, I was sitting at my computer (like I am now) and emailing a friend when I felt my chair and body move. I thought Autumn had sneaked into the office and was shaking my chair, so I turned to say hello to her and there was no one in the room. "Freaky," I thought and returned to my typing. Then a few minutes later my friend Laurisa called and asked if I'd felt the earthquake. Then Eric called and said that he was contracting at an auto shop in Ventura and the lifts inside the bays started shaking. Yep, it was an earthquake. It's probably too early to go online and find out where the epicenter was. Hey you Ojai residents, who else felt the quake?

P.S. I guess it isn't too early to read about the earthquake. Here's the story.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Yeah! We were rolling, and rolling, and rolling at the ArtZone in Hermosa Beach today. Then with no cell phones and no landline. A little scary but not one kid noticed!! All the moms went a little pale though.

hestermom said...

I felt it too...then, after going online to determine that it was, in fact, an earthquake, and not just our house falling apart or something...then I had to try and explain to the kids what an earthquake is.

Kari said...

Hi Christine,
I was shopping with my dad when the quake hit... I paused for a moment and said "hey dad it's an Earthquake,"...considered running for cover, then decided to keep shopping (quess that's the problem with growing up in California, have felt several over the years and fortunatley never any severe consequences... got a couple of golf shirts on sale though!! :)

Andrew & Megan Smith said...

christine, thought I'd drop by and read up to see how you're doing! Sounds like California is getting hit with it all- fires, earthquakes... crazy! Well, just wanted to say it's always nice to hear from you on our blog, thanks for keeping in touch! hope to see you next time we're in town (tbd)...

jnrnojai said...

Coco and I were eating lunch at Casa de Lago....at first we didn't acknowledge it...but finally couldn't ignore it! Cell phones wouldn't work...for ages! Jan