Friday, June 13, 2008

Off to Camp

Hi ho, Hi ho, it's off to camp I go...

Tomorrow at 6 a.m. I board a shuttle bus bound for Woodleaf, a Young Life camp in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. It will be about a nine hour bus ride. Yikes! Once there, I will be a camp counselor for seven high school girls. I return the following Friday night (June 20).

I attended Woodleaf as a high schooler. My Young Life group in Phoenix travelled in a bus for 19 hours to get to Woodleaf! I have fond memories of the zip line, off-roading, being covered in mud and country dancing. Oh yeah, and I remember the cool singing and speakers, too! That was 20 years ago. I've come full circle, I guess.

Eric will be staying home with the girls. Eric and his dad are going to take the girls on an overnight trip to the channel islands during the week. They are looking forward to that!

If you think about it, please pray for me, and for Eric and the girls. I'd appreciate that. Have a great week!

2 comments:

try2bAsunbeam said...

Cute pictures! You guys are looking great!

Rebecca said...

Hey, you're really close to us right now. I'm going to be delivering Ella about 25 miles from you, in Paradise.