Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm Back!

Hi everyone! I'm back from camp, however I do not have the time to blog about it right now. I'll just give you a teaser: God did some AMAZING things at camp last week. I can't wait to share them with you. Hopefully I will get a break soon from house-cleaning and loads of laundry! But for now, I wanted to share two cute things that happened today...

Autumn, my 2 1/2-year-old, came up to me with her palm open and said, "Mommy, look what I have! It's a bug!" I looked in her palm to see a rather big, black spider, alive and well! I flipped the spider out of her palm and said, "It's a SPIDER!" (I HATE spiders, btw) When Autumn heard this, she ran over to the recliner and crawled into it and said, "I don't like spiders!" I turned to Amber and said, "Get a Kleenex!" Amber said to me, "We need daddy!" In the end, I got the spider, killed it and explained to Autumn that we shouldn't touch spiders or bugs.

Today I was talking to Amber about camp and she asked me, "Mommy, did the kids (teens) get any owies?" I explained that they only got little owies, like bruises or scrapes, and asked her why she wanted to know. She said, "I prayed four days, but I forgot to pray two days. I prayed when I was in bed that the kids wouldn't get any owies."
I had left a list of prayer requests for Eric and one of them was that there would be no injuries during camp. God answered our prayers with no major owies!

5 comments:

ATSmith said...

I love that our kids will know just how big God is ... and that He answers prayers and that it is all very real.

Jason said...

You just missed the lightning storm. And the 800+ fires. That was probably God too, I imagine. :)

Rebecca said...

That last comment was actually me, not Jason. Oops.

heidibelle said...

Those are some great stories... although she really should be allowed to touch 'some' bugs. :) Just not the bad ones. :) I could just picture your face at the site of that bug!

try2bAsunbeam said...

That is so sweet! I love hearing the little ones pray! Really shows our example of childlike faith...the simplicity of it all...thanks for sharing!