Thursday, June 12, 2008

Guess Who Graduated?

As you can see from the photographs, Amber Shea graduated from preschool today. Now before I had children, I thought preschool, kindergarten and even sixth grade graduations were ridiculous! Well–as evidenced from the 50 pictures I took this morning at Amber’s graduation–I guess I changed my mind. I arrived 35 minutes early, got a second-row seat and waited–tissues in one hand and the camera in the other–for the ceremony to begin. Both my girls were in the promotion program, but Amber took the stage as she was awarded her certificate. And–although she didn’t intend to–Amber made quite a scene as she received her diploma. As you will see in the photos below, when Amber got up out of her seat, the back of her dress was caught in her underwear. I was too busy taking pictures to notice, but I couldn’t understand why everyone was laughing (or trying hard not to) as she walked over to her teachers. Eric laughed the hardest, I think. Miss Nancy fixed the problem, but not before the whole audience saw her undies. I managed to get two shots of it without even knowing. When Amber saw the pictures later, she got a kick out of it. It’s good to laugh at your embarrassing moments. Amber has been waiting for this day for weeks. She’s been saying all week, "After I graduate, I am in kindergarten!" She is so excited to start home schooling that we decided we’d do a few lessons this summer. Congratulations, Amber!
Amber hugging Miss Rory (notice the undies?)

Amber hugging Miss Nancy
(who notices the undies and
starts to untuck the dress)

Amber hugging Miss Debra (no undies showing!)

5 comments:

frisky said...

I feel her pain, I feel her pain.
That makes me even doubly sorry that I missed the graduation!
Remember my most embar"ass"ing moment at the post office? Yikes!

eccobellea said...

How do you do it girl? I can't believe it is only a few hours since you took those pictures and you have already downloaded and blogged. You are amazing!!! xoLea

Christine H. said...

Yes, Gina, I do remember and I instantly thought of you today.

Lea, I'm not that amazing. I still haven't blogged about our 12th Anniversary to Hot Springs more than a week ago. Maybe I'll just skip it...

heidibelle said...

Wow... I am so amazed that she is a Kindergardener already. WOW... Tell her that 'Aunt' Heidi is proud of her. Love you all...

hestermom said...

Aww...they grow up so fast...Yeah Amber!