Thursday, May 15, 2008

I feel old

That's not just a line from the first Pirates of the Caribbean, that's how I felt when I recently purchased a weekly pill box. I don't know why it took me so long to buy one. I love organization, and those boxes are very handy. I guess I put off purchasing one for so long because I equate those pill boxes with being old...not older, but old--and I don't want to be old or even look like I am aging! But I got tired of portioning out my multi-vitamin, my calcium, my allergy vitamins, the girls vitamins, the zinc for all of us... Anyway, I would set out the vitamins on separate napkins each night to save time in the morning. It did save time but I had to make sure my vitamins were out of reach of the girls. Now every morning I just have to open the little box of the day and pour out all of our vitamins and distribute them. It saves even more time and I really like it. When I bought the pill box, I opted for a "newer model" instead of the ones that say M, T, W... and I got one that is child-proof and still easy to open! But every time I use it, I feel old.

8 comments:

frisky said...

Now I'm embarassed... before I read anything, just saw the pic, I thought, "Cool, where did she get that? I want one!".
Now I feel old!!

I divvy out 19 pills and vit's every day, so really, I don't feel too bad... and most of them are for the kids. I do them the night before, but doing it for the whole week sounds like a dream! Just one less thing to do every day!

So seriously, where did you get it?

Christine H. said...

Yes, I hear you...Just for my allergy vitamins, I divvy out 8 of those (they're all-natural green algae pills--awesome for allergies!)Anyway, add on the other vitamins and the girls' ones, and I'm up in the teens.

So, I got it at Rite Aid on a end/side aisle. Just ask. I got the last one, but they've probably restocked by now. The thing I love about it is it's big enought to hold all of my vits, and it has a cool way to open it that most kids can't figure out (I said most kids!)

ATSmith said...

Next you ladies will be using canes! hee hee ...

mandrews said...

Yeah! My grandma definitely uses one of those things...

Christine H. said...

Michaela,

What are you trying to say?

Lisa G said...

Dear Christine,

Thank you for addressing this issue...now I know that I am not the only one who feels old for using one of these...on the other side of feeling "old" what makes me feel even older is when I have to ask myself "Did I already take my medicine?" Ha Ha your girls are darling and your blog looks great!

Lisa G

Lisa G said...

Hey Christine...What are the green algae pills you mentioned? Kayla and Cam both have allergies...

Lisa G

Christine H. said...

Lisa,

They are Green Fresh Water Algae pills--all natural from Nepro Rella. They're $35 for the bottle but it lasts 1 1/2 months. You can take 1 to 8 a day I take 8 a day becasue I have bad allergies. And now I do not have any allergy problems except on a really bad pollen day. AND it's all-natural. I get them from my chiropractor, Dr. David Clemens, 649-9994. Go get some. You'll be so glad!