Monday, May 19, 2008

The Clean Corkboard

It sounds like a mystery novel, doesn't it. Or maybe a "how-to" book on organization. It's neither. It's just an empty little cork board. Remember my post a long time ago about my empty drawer? (which is still empty, by the way) Well, yesterday I got on an organizing kick (I know, it's a sickness) and decided to toss old paraphernalia and consolidate my three cork boards. Okay, I might as well just address that issue now...yes, I have three cork boards in my office. One is regular-sized and is for holding nothing other than cute little comic strips and old name tags and pins I never wear and stickers...things from my past that I can't part with but that I don't want to stuff into a shoe box or a drawer (even if I do have an empty one).

The second cork board is a huge one that I bought to be used for what cork boards are supposed to be used for--phone numbers on little pieces of paper, event fliers, school schedules, party invitations, little school pictures from relatives and an occasional newspaper clipping. I LOVE that cork board and it is well used.

The third cork board is a half-cork/half wipe-off board that I used when I was a Pampered Chef Consultant, which brings me to my story. Yesterday I cleaned it off and now it is empty and looking very sad next to my other filled-up boards. Now I have an empty drawer AND a clean cork board and the OCD person that lives inside me is disturbed. What will I do with a handful of push pins and nothing to push them into.

Yeah, I DO need serious help!

4 comments:

Christine H. said...

Eric reads my blogs every few days and comments to me but not on the blog. Tonight he said, "You're not OCD, you're just cute!" I said, "I'm a closet OCDer."

frisky said...

I still think it should be "CDO" so that it's in alphabetical order. That makes so much more sense to me. :)

heidibelle said...

You and Gina are too much!!! As for the cork board... I think you should put up photos of people or issues you are praying for!

Christine H. said...

Awesome Idea, Heidi! I just put your tri-fold flier with the pic of you & Jeff on the clean board...I need another prayer card from you. Anyway, I love the idea! Thanks!