Wednesday, March 5, 2008

SUPERHEROES!

I have two little princesses who sometimes forget they are girls. Autumn LOVES to wear the Bob the Tomato shirt her Nana Gow gave her. Whenever she sees it in the clean or dirty laundry, she runs over, points to it and says, "Bob, Bob, Bob" with more emphasis each time she says it until I give in and put it on her! Amber LOVES to wear the Spiderman costume that her friend Wences gave her! The first night Amber wore it, I put my grey jacket around my neck for a cape (I was Batman) and we "flew" around the house saving everyone. We rescued Eric up from many falls, got Autumn out of tight spots behind the recliner and saved Barbie and Strawberry Shortcake and Pinkie Pie Pony from eminent danger. Each time we shouted, "Superheroes save the day!" and gave each other a high-five. The funny thing is that Amber has never seen a superhero cartoon! Autumn, on the other hand, has seen numerous Veggie Tales!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Every girls' got to be a hero sometimes! :) They look too cute!

heidibelle said...

That is great! What fun memories they are making...

try2bAsunbeam said...

That's adorable! My son dresses up like Roy Rogers all the time! People look at us a little weird at the grocery store, but I'm ok with it.
I don't know if you have Liberty Tax by you, but we do here and they hand out these foam hats that look like the Statue of Liberty crown. Colton wore his for a a couple days everywhere! My 11yo daughter walked 10 feet behind us because she was embarrassed to walk with him! lol

Kari said...

Hi Christine - so cute! I was noticing how much Autum looks like you when you were little (one of your family photos from a previous post)xo