Friday, March 21, 2008

Our Wedding

Amber has been wanting to watch our wedding video, so I got it out a few days ago and we watched it together. Talk about a tear-jerker. I was crying during the candle-lighting. And talk about a long wedding! Here in Southern California, we have extremely short weddings. In Arizona, we have (or at least used to have) extremely long, almost Catholic-style weddings that drag on and on. At least ours did. We (I) wanted everything in our wedding...candle-lighting, communion, unity candle, hand-written vows, ring vows, songs. Oh yes, THREE songs, to be exact. Two of my favorite love songs and one song I wrote for Eric...he had never heard it until that day during the ceremony. (I did not sing the song, though, because by then I had come to grips with my failed singing career.) To top it all off, we asked our pastor to give the gospel presentation because none of my co-workers at the newspaper were Christians. We thought our pastor would just say a few sentences. He spoke for 30 minutes on the subject, starting at Genesis and going to Revelation. No kidding...and it all happened while I was standing at the altar with my dad...he hadn't even given me away yet! I felt so bad for my bridesmaids. The ceremony was more than an hour long! (Michele, I am so sorry you had to stand there for so long!) Anyway, if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't change a thing. It was the best day of my life!

4 comments:

mandrews said...

AN HOUR?? Are you kidding? That is crazy!

Christine H. said...

We're not in such a hurry as you so-called "laid back" Southern Californians are! (Okay, I know I'm a Californian now, but I was reverting...)

Kari said...

What a great picture, I'd love to see your ablum one of these days xo

Michele said...

I don't remember it being that long! It was beautiful though, I wouldn't have changed a thing! It was an honor to be a part of.