Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Prom Night!


I never went to my senior prom. The guy I was dating at the time, Lenny Gorski, made up some lame excuse about having to house-sit for his aunt. I explained to him that house-sitting didn't mean he had to sit inside her house 24/7 until she returned home! To add insult to injury, that evening--after the prom was underway--Lenny called me and asked me if I wanted to do something. "Go do something?" I thought. "Hmmm...Let's see...Like go to THE PROM!" I guess he just didn't want to go. That was in 1988.

Fast forward 20 years to last Saturday. I finally got to go to the prom--and not with some lame date, but with my forever sweetheart and husband, Eric! I was in charge of my church's annual Valentine Banquet again, and this year the theme was Prom Night. We had a catered dinner, live band and even the crowning of prom king and queen! It was so much fun, and I have to admit that dancing to "Love Shack" in the church youth center was one of the most fun things I've done in a long time! You should have seen Eric bustin' a move on the dance floor with his friend, Sean. They were hilarious!

So, I got to go to the prom after all; and this time with my husband and some of my closest buddies with whom I will be friends for years to come. Now that's the way to do a prom!

8 comments:

frisky said...

That was a fun prom! And great, now I have "Love Shack" stuck in my head again!
Love the pic of us gettin' Friskie!

ATSmith said...

Great pictures! So bummed that I missed it!!! You all looked so dashing!

frisky said...

Oh, I mean that I love the pic of me and Billy gettin' Frisky, not you (Christine) and me. I read that and thought it sounded kind of funny!

hestermom said...

That looks like a ton of fun! We had a prom at the camp, and all the proceeds went to the Invisible Children. But I was so glad that I got to go with Ben, and that Emma's first prom date was Caleb. =)

Kari Rodems said...

You look beautiful! Looks like a fun time was had by all :)

Melanie said...

How fun! There always seems to be so much going on up there. Wish we were closer so it could truly be our church home. For now we are happy to be adopted. :)

mhkingsley said...

Thanks for the pics. Great to see OVCC get down and boogie.

Rebecca said...

That's such an awesome idea!! I want to have one next year!