Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I Can't Get Rid of It!

I have a black thumb. You may remember my post on gardening in which I clearly state that I almost can't stand anything to do with the subject. I can't keep any plants alive in my house; well--that is--until now. I have a poinsettia that just won't die! It's kind-of a cruel irony that the one plant I wish would turn brown and brittle, won't! I mean, it is almost March, and the Christmas plant looks quite out of place. I tried to pass it off as a Valentine decoration this month, but it just didn't work. It's a poinsettia, and they're only good decorations during December. I didn't expect it to live past the first week of Christmas, so now that it's still around, it's almost starting to annoy me. Why I kept watering it is beyond me. It even survived without water the weeks I was away. It lost a few leaves, but was still healthy. I thought about trying to keep it around until next Christmas...maybe transplanting it outside, but I knew just the idea might kill the thing. I can't stand it anymore. Every time I look at the plant, it seems to laugh at me. So, I am going to get rid of it. Yes,I am going to throw it away. I'll be right back...

Gosh, I feel so much better now! I've reclaimed my black thumb reputation.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Cruel woman! Imagine throwing away a perfectly healthy, living plant like that! No wonder you're cursed with dead plants! :) (I would have done the same thing. Or I would have just forgotten about it until I noticed it was dissolving into dust.)

Christine H. said...

The reason I threw it away while it was still alive was to avoid that dissapointment I'd get when it finally kieled over! : )

frisky said...

If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure poinsettia's are poisonous, so it wasn't safe to have around the kids. That's another good reason to throw it away!