Friday, January 4, 2008

Hear my prayer, O Lord

Tonight I got some sad news, and I was pretty bummed (understatement). I'm not sure if she knew what she was doing, but a few minutes after I ceased crying, Autumn picked up Eric's Bible off of the fireplace hearth and brought it over to Eric. I said out loud, "Yes, what a great idea, Autumn. Someone should read some scriptures out of the Bible." Eric turned to Psalm 101 and 102 and read these verses: "I will sing of your love and justice; to you, O Lord, I will sing praise...Hear my prayer O Lord; let my cry for help come to you. Do not hide your face from me when I am in distress. Turn your ear to me; when I call, answer me quickly."

2 comments:

frisky said...

Oh Christine, He will hear your cry and He will give you the strength that you need to get through this. Love you.

Rebecca said...

I love when God takes you to just the right scripture like that. So cool. I hope it gets better for you.