Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Well, I did it! I stayed up until midnight! I didn't think I would this year, but I was engrossed in a project and when I looked at the clock, it was 11:30. (I'm a late-nighter, but I'm usually in bed by 11:30.) I decided I might as well stay up until midnight (last year I actually went to bed a half-hour before!) So, I finished my project and looked at the clock and it was 11:58. Perfect timing! Eric had fallen asleep hours ago reading a book on the living room floor, so I woke him up to give him a kiss and wish him a Happy New Year. Then he went to bed. Right now I am typing to the sounds of firecrackers around the neighborhood. It's a fun sound! Well, I'd better go to bed because I am going hiking/mushroom hunting with Eric, the girls and his dad tomorrow on a 1000-acre ranch north of Santa Barbara (Eric's dad knows the owner). I think I am going to pay for this late-nighter! Oh well,it was fun!

HAPPY 2008!

1 comment: