Thursday, January 3, 2008

Autumn's First Day of Preschool!

Today was Autumn Brooke's first day of preschool at Noah's Ark. After a fun pre-preschool pancake breakfast, I loaded the girls into the car and we headed to Noah's Ark. I dropped Amber Shea off at her classroom first, then Autumn dragged me by the hand to her classroom. (She knew right where it was because I had been showing her for weeks every time we'd drop off Amber.) Since Autumn is quite the "mamma's girl," I had anticipated that she would cry a little when I dropped her off this morning. She cried when we dropped her off in the toddler room at church last Sunday, so I had been mentally preparing myself and I didn't sleep well last night as a result.

We walked into Autumn's classroom, met her teachers, put her new lunchbox on the shelf and then Autumn immediately dove into the bin of My Little Ponies. I knew I shouldn't stay long. I knew I was supposed to say goodbye to her and leave, even if she started crying. So, I took a few pictures, gave her a hug and a kiss and turned to go. What? No tears! What? She didn't even turn to watch me go! What? I didn't get a phone call from Noah's Ark all morning! Don't get me wrong, I was very happy, but very surprised. When I picked her up a few hours later, they said she had a great time. I was so glad!

I'm hearing some of you silently ask, "Did I cry?" Not really. I mean, a few tears threatened to spill out but changed their mind. Now that surprised me, also. Just think, Autumn's first day of preschool and neither one of us cried! Who would of thought?

While the girls were at preschool, I met a friend for coffee for an hour or so, went to the chiropractor for about an hour and went to my friend's house to scrapbook for an hour. Add in the driving time, and--yikes--those four hours went by fast! But it was fun and I am looking forward to many more Tuesdays and Thursdays when the girls get to play at preschool and I get to play while they're at preschool!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh my Christine! What a big day! It sounded like a good day overall. Although reading it made my heart race. Thinking some day that both my girls will be big enough to be in school! It definitely sounds exciting but sad.
p.s. loved the pictures!

ATSmith said...

Very cute pictures! I am glad she didn't cry ... I bet she was so excited to go where her big sister was going too : )

frisky said...

Aaahhhh, one day... one day. Maybe in a couple years I could be that friend that you go and have coffee with.

Rebecca said...

She looks so happy with her ponies. And oh my gosh, she is your clone!